Monday, January 3, 2011

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

So I know it's been a while since my last review...I guess it's just been a while since I found something that would get me back on track.  It's the first night of the new year and like every other year, I was hoping that I would feel different, that 2011 would be a milestone and that everything would fall into place.  Well wishful thinking usually takes the better of me but while everything remains the same, it is in fact a new year which I find very comforting.  It's another year for me to learn and discover more about myself, allow myself to take chances that i've never dreamt of in previous years, and be able to make new mistakes that I would learn from and look back after another three hundred sixty five.  2010 was also filled with memorable moments as well...I was able to attend my first wedding for a friend...a best friend appointed me to plan out his bachelor party...found out that my cousin is having a baby...watched my sister purchase her first car...have my family be behind me for my future plans...and most importantly..not being able to remember anything from the new years party
.......oh and one more thing....being able to write this blog

#17
Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
I have to say..this album is phenomenal.  This trio of country singers/musicians have me bobbing my head on the subway as if I were listening to a new jay-z record.  Their song writing ability is simply refreshing and their sound blends with the sweet trends of country-pop and alternative rock.  Lady Antebellum has won a Grammy for best duo performance of the year, and has been nominated for countless CMT and AMC awards including Best New Artist, and Best Single of the year.  It is extremely hard to pin point one or two songs that may do justice to the album as a whole, but due to my constraints, I have to say "Hello World", and "American Honey" nabs my choices.  What caught me the most about the record "Hello World" were the lyrics that lead/background vocalist Charles Kelley evokes in this song, speaking about life itself and how we take it to seriously.  The structure of the song is very climactic, reaching peak after peak until it concludes in a beautiful instrumental ending.  "American Honey" is where the country flow kicks in, painting a vocal picture of a hot summer day with the wind on your back. (not to get you confused, it's the same band, but the lead vocals change from time to time with Charles and Hillary sharing the role)

You have to realize that every year is going to be different, your going to be a year older, an age you probably wont be or don't want to be familiar with.  Your going to lose friends you wish you would never leave, but your also going to gain new friendships with others you've never thought you would have.  Your going to make mistakes you wish you've never made, but realize that you've learned and those mistakes will never be replayed....and you're going to be able to spend another year with your family cause you never know when thats going to end.....
so happy new year to you all and I wish nothing more but the best for you and your family

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
4.5/5
recommended:
Hello World
American Honey
Need You Now
When you got a good thing
Our Kind of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment